If you’re new to blogging you may be a bit overwhelmed. Here’s some things to consider doing:
Appearance (aka: look)
- Check out the theme: it can be customized. Create your own look.
- Check out the widgets: you can add a links widget for instance, where you can feature your favorite websites, and other places you are active online. Like Facebook, Twitter, Squidoo, Hubpages… New links are added through the ‘links’ menu item.
- Make sure you customize your about page. Tell us a bit about yourself: your name, picture, family background, education, work, spiritual heritage and inspiration, favorite books and teachers etc. This too is a good place to link to other places you frequent online.
- Try and use keywords in the titles of your blogposts. Blogging about God? Use the word God in your title. Blogging from a pagan perspective? Use the word Pagan or Wicca in your title. Interfaith? Same thing.
- Blogging is about sharing – a good post can be a simple quote (do try and credit the source), but should contain your own thoughts ABOUT the quote as well.
- A blogpost does not have to be a finished essay. End it with a question, for instance.
- Do your own promotion: share your posts on facebook, twitter, LinkedIn – where ever you go online that you know people who are into spirituality.
- Link TO your blog from other online places where you’re active. Your Squidoo profile, for instance, or on Hubpages.
- You can stay updated on other people’s blog posts from your own, by simply adding the ‘recent global posts‘ widget to your blog.