So, how much do you know about Yoga? What IS yoga? Some of these questions may surprise you even if you’ve been practicing yoga for the last ten years. Do you know your yoga trivia? Test it out with my popquiz…
Yoga is a great way to keep the body and mind fit and alert. What started in India thousands of years ago is being practiced by people all over the world today.
Please let me know if you spot any mistakes in the questions or answers. Have fun testing your knowledge of Yoga!
See also my quiz about Hinduism.
More about yoga
- The Yoga of the Future, by Hugh Shearman – Modern Theosophy
- A member of the Theosophical Society, lately returned from Britain, told the writer that in that country “yoga” had become “a dirty word”. One can see why become the stock in trade of innumerable mountebanks and has acquired man
- The Fourth Way & Haida Yoga
- Both concepts originate from Gurdjieff. The Fourth Way was defined by him as a possibility for development for those people, who did not want to give up everything and resign to become a ‘Fakir’, a ‘Monk’ or a ‘Yogi’.
- Yoga | Great Spiritual Books
- Reviewing the best and most fascinating spiritual books The Wisdom of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras: A New Translation and Guide by Ravi Ravindra
- The Wisdom of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras: A New Translation and Guide
- The yoga sutras are two thousand year old spiritual classic. In India every spiritual teacher of any note has written a commentary on it. Ravi Ravindra is the latest of Jiddu Krishnamurti’s students to do the same. For that reason
- Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, Science of Yoga, by I.K. Taimni, great Yoga books
- This is a commentary on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali in the light of modern thought. The translation by I.K. Taimni is a very scholarly commentary on THE yoga classic: the Yoga Sutras by Patanjali. Taimni not only explains each
- Yoga planners and Calendars
- What we call yoga is really (usually) a variation of Hatha yoga: a physical practice. Some yoga teachers call it, with a bit of a sneer, yoga exercise. That is: as opposed to yoga as a spiritual practice that can help you reach enlightenment (Moksha, Nirvana, Kaivalya).
But don’t let that stop you from enjoying it, or these yoga calendars.